CEDI invites local and international candidates to pursue research based post graduate studies at Masters level and Ph.D in entrepreneurship and cooperatives at UUM main campus in Sintok. This programmes is suitable for those wishing to conduct research that will contribute new knowledge in the field of entrepreneurship and cooperative.
- Entrepreneurship Education
- Cooperative & Social Entrepreneurship
- Family Business
- Women Entrepreneurship
Master's by Research Programmes
Ideally, candidates must possess:
- A Bachelor's degree from Universiti Utara Malaysia or any other institutions of higher leraning recognized by the University Senate with CGPA of at least 3.00 ; and Fulfills English Language requirement; OR
- A Bachelor's degree from Universiti Utara Malaysia or any other institutions of higher leraning recognized by the University Senate with a CGPA of not less than 2.75, and with at least two (2) years of relevant working experience or a good score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)/Graduate Record Examination (GRE); and Fulfills English Language requirement; OR
- A Diploma from any institutions of higher learning recognized by the University Senate with at least ten (10) years of relevant work experience and aged 35 years or older; and Fulfills English Language requirement.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
Applicants for the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programme must possess the following:
- A Master's degree from Universiti Utara Malaysia or any other institutions of higher learning recognized by University Senate; OR
- A Bachelor's degree with CGPA of at least 3.50 from Universiti Utara Malaysia or any other institutiions of higher leraning recognized by the University Senate; OR
- Any other equivalent qualification recignized by the University Senate; and
- Fulfills English Language Requirement.
Note: Applicants are expected to have sufficient research skills and knowledge as deemed appropriate by the Academic Committee. Students without research skills are required to enroll and pass the following four (4) courses:
BDMR 8013 Business Research and Methodology
BDMR 8023 Quantitative Research
BDMR 8033 Qualitative Research
BDMR 8043 Advanced Quantitative Analysis
The University reserves the right to amend the rules and regulations from time to time as it sees fit.
Mode and Duration of Study
The Programme is offered on a full-time and a part-time basis at UUM, Sintok Campus. The University operates on a two semester system (March and September). Registration is open on both semesters. The duration of study depends on the mode of study.
Application forms can be downloaded from the website. On-line application is also possible through www.uum.edu.my. Application form must be sent at the following address:
Othman Yeop Abdullah
Graduate School Business,
Universiti Utara Malaysia
06010 UUM Sintok,
Kedah Darul Aman,
Tel: 604-928 7130/7113
Faks: 604-928 7160